Due to changes in my work life, I have not been able to devote much time to SimpleDBM in recent weeks. Things are getting back to normal slowly and I am beginning to work on some of the outstanding tasks. The main focus is to provide a usable RSS component, which is feature complete, but needs more test cases, and more testing.
Although test coverage is a useful measure of the effectiveness of test cases, it does not help you much with issues related to multi-threading. Sometimes, obscure bugs are discovered by chance - for example, I discovered a bug in my BTree test harness when I disabled some diagnostic logging. The small time difference caused by this change led to a different interaction between threads, and exposed the bug.
I want to devote more time to testing the RSS components because they provide core services that are fundamental to the rest of the system. Higher level components need to be able to rely completely on the correct functioning of RSS.